Purgatory Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Purgatory Minecraft Forums. SMP: mc.purgatoryminecraft.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Down

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DinahSoares
Admin
Admin
DinahSoares

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 pm

The server went down a few minutes ago. Our server host has been having issues today. However, we did not expect this to cause an outage. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused all of you and we hope that this doesn't dampen your view of our server. We're waiting patiently to hear back from them about the problem and hope that it will be back up shortly. If we get any updates, before the server comes back up, we will let you all know.

Thank you guys for playing with us on Purgatory and hope to see you all in-game soon.

DinahSoares + Apsilocybin
Back to top Go down
DinahSoares
Admin
Admin
DinahSoares

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Update: We've just received word from MC Pro Hosting (our server host). Unfortunately, the server problem was unexpected and we have an ETA of approximately 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
DinahSoares
Admin
Admin
DinahSoares

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 am

Update: The extent of the damage has been revealed to us by our server host. It began mid-afternoon, earlier today, with attacks against certain databases. The attacks ended early-evening, knocking out most of the server nodes. We are currently in "restoration mode," but as of now the previous ETA is still on target. Thank you for being patient. We hope to see you all soon.
Back to top Go down
DinahSoares
Admin
Admin
DinahSoares

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Update: It seems that we've run into some problems during the restoration process that we were not expecting. We do not currently have a new ETA, but we will let you know as soon as something changes.
Back to top Go down
DinahSoares
Admin
Admin
DinahSoares

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Update: Apparently the hacker still had access to the host's database files. Due to this, the restoration process was set back. The hacker was still able to delete all incoming files. Currently, Aps and I exploring other options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Down   Server Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Down
Page 1 of 1